The blog of a North Country Swede!

Monday, December 27, 2004

Musings about an internet writers group

      I joined an internet writers group this month.
      I quit it today.
      Everything was going along fine--or so I thought--when out of the blue came all this negative stuff about people worrying if their work would be stolen or misused or ...
      What were they doing in an internet writers group with that level of paranoia?
      There were some good writers in that group, too.
      I simply am NOT interested in having that level of negativity in my life ... not about my writing.
      And I was actually looking forward to getting up early each morning and spending some time on what we were doing in the group ... then wham! bam! thank you, ma'am! and the whole synergy evaporated in an explosion of fear and paranoia ... "You know you got trouble, right here in River City, that starts with 'T' which rhymes with 'P' and that stands for Pool ... "
      Kind of irritating ... so I'm applying a little therapy and getting it off my chest here.
      What the heck, gives me more time to work on this blog where I have all these unfinished threads.
      So, like I used to sign off on my posts during my erstwhile membership in the group:

Cheers!
S.H. Gus
aka Steese Highway Gus

No comments: