The blog of a North Country Swede!

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Edwards-Richardson ticket

I might as well come right out and say it, "I support John Edwards for President in 2008, and I support Bill Richardson as his running mate."

I mean, get it out there on the table now.

There probably are some folks who question why I support this ticket. Mostly those who don't read this blog ... so, yes, that is like most folks out there.

But on the other hand, these are notes to myself basically ... a journal, a log, a diary of thoughts along the way, that I can go back and look at later ... to see how I evolved, how my world evolved ... and how close to my predictions, to the direction I thought we would take ... or how divergent from the path I predicted ... or planned or hoped we would take.

I am constantly reminded of how small of a group it takes to alter the course of the future. We have the iconic image of Jesus and his twelve disciples meeting in the upper room in Jerusalem. We have the reality of twelve individuals meeting in a small Quaker bookstore in 1783 leading to the abolition of slavery in Great Britain.

This is chaos theory at work. A small pebble can alter the course of a boulder as starts to roll down the mountain.

I have no excuse for not trying to guide the course of my nation in keeping with what I believe are its core values: social, economic, and legal justice for all under the rule of law.

No comments: