The blog of a North Country Swede!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Next stop: easyInternetCafe


easyInternetCafe
234 West 42nd Street
New York, New York



I left the Belly Delly above West 49th Street around 3:30PM Sunday, September 4th, and headed south on 7th Avenue, crossing back and forth between 7th and Broadway as I wandered down to West 42nd Street and the easyInternetCafe where I went in and again logged onto the internet and into my blog.


It is Labor Day weekend and Times Square is teeming with tourists. The weather is gorgeous, sunny and not too hot with a bit of a breeze cooling the sidewalk crowds full of beautiful people interspersed among the rest of us ... in the incredible stew pot of diversity that is Manhattan ... nobody blending in until the residents start wearing black later in the season. The rich multi-color, multi-texture tapistry of people in New York on the warm days of summer.

Just thinking about making the trip to Manhattan raises my energy level several notches. Now I am here and thoroughly enjoying the moment ... expanded across an afternoon ... feeling the energy of the others crowding past absorbed in each others' energy ... knowing I am part of something that transcends each one of us ... knowing that if I stayed in the maw of this human maelstrom I would eventually burn out (maybe not so eventually in my case) ... but also understanding that it will not go away, it will be here whenever I come back.

I'm going to continue on down to Greenwich Village, where I will stop and have an Americano at the cafe where we have the West Village Conversation Group Meets on Tuesday evenings.


Caffe Dell Artista
46 Greenwich Avenue
between 6th and 7th Avenues
New York, NY


Then I'm catching the Path to Hoboken from the 9th Street station and going home.

Note
: If you click on the thumbnails below, you can view a larger version of the photo.



Looking west on West 42nd Street
from the 7th Avenue end of the block.


Farther along West 42nd Street
toward the easyInternetCafe.


easyInternetCafe from across West 42nd Street.

Cheers! I'll get back to you.






No comments: