The blog of a North Country Swede!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ah yes, Cheney and Bush ... Bush and Cheney

Am I having fun or what?

According to StatCounter (my web statistics service), someone accessed my "We should be ashamed of Cheney" post from a General Services Administration computer on June 27, 2007. I immediately emailed my two U.S. Senators --- Lautenberg and Menendez --- asking if I should be concerned.

Here's the www.statcounter.com data:

---------------------------------------------
host.159-142-201-43.gsa.gov (General Services Administration) [Label IP Address]

Maryland, Clinton, United States, 0 returning visits

Date Time WebPage

27th June 2007 16:22:55 www.google.com/search?q=jon stewart daily show transcript june 25 2007&hl=en&start=10&sa=N
www.ncswede.blogspot.com/

27th June 2007 16:23:13 www.ncswede.blogspot.com/
ncswede.blogspot.com/2007/06/we-should-be-ashamed-of-cheney.html

27th June 2007 16:23:45 www.google.com/search?q=jon stewart daily show transcript june 25 2007&hl=en&start=10&sa=N
www.ncswede.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Continuing with the fun --- this time from foresight --- Maureen Dowd wrote in her column today --- Sunday, July 1 --- "Tears on My Pillow" on the OpEd pages of the NY Times:

“Why doesn’t anybody like me anymore, Daddy?” he [George W.] keens. “Man, I miss Tony. My Iraq poodle left me with a porcupine. And I can’t believe my own Republicans crossed me on the immigration bill. Now my Mexican buddies from Midland are saying, ‘AdiĆ³s, Jorge.’ Vice doesn’t even want to be in the same branch of government as me. Where is Dick, by the way?”

His mother steps briskly up to the door. “Now listen, Georgie,” Barbara says. “We didn’t invite Dick. He’s not our kind. He has utterly ruined your presidency. There’s a Washington Post series I want you to read. I’ve put it in the kitchen by your bowl of Cookie Crisps. It explains all about how Dick played you for a fool on everything from Iraq to capital gains. He set up the West Wing paper flow in a way that undermined your goals and advanced his. He let you act like you were the Decider, dear, when you were really just the Dupe.”

W. howls, “Dick promised me I would never be a wimp and now I’m a wimp!”

Here is what I wrote to Paul Mulshine (my favorite columnist with the NJ Star-Ledger) on October 27, 2005:
I think the Bush #41 Globalists (CIA'ers, Military, etc.) were so upset with the Cheney Neocons and their idiotic (insane!) strategy in the Middle East--and their manipulation of Bush #43 to implement it--that the Globalists have been plotting how to bury the Neocons ever since Colin was fooled into giving that UN speech.

Behind the brouhaha are the contending egos of powerful men ... testosterone in play on Mount Olympus. And to the Globalists, the outing of a secret agent was (is) high treason. Cheney didn't realize what he set in play by directing/encouraging the exposure of Valerie Plame in retaliation for Joe Wilson's arrogant opposition to the Neocons Middle East strategy. Cheney exposed his Achilles Heel to the Globalists. Guess what? The Globalists hit the mark.

I think Mama Bush (Babs) is going to have to convince the kid (Bush #43) to clean house in order to preserve Jeb's chances at the Presidency. And the Globalists will have to pile it on the Neocons to corner the kid into listening to his mother.

Like someone posted somewhere, this is Shakespearean in its melodrama!

I love it!

No comments: