The blog of a North Country Swede!

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Went to Asbury Park again ...

Drove down to Asbury Park on the Jersey Shore again today. It was a gorgeous day at the shore, and--if you know anything about Asbury Park--no crowds on the beach.



I walked the length of the new boardwalk--just in this summer--from the boarded up carousel to the convention center, and had a chicken breast salad and an Aquafina bottled water at the Tiki Beach Bar on the side of the center. It's out in the open on the south promenade running along the building from the boardwalk to the ocean... covered but no walls, just pillars and then the beach. Ahhhhh...



If I was young ...

The place is FINALLY turning around. What a ground floor opportunity!

I took some pictures of The Stone Pony, got two jelly-filled donuts and a medium coffee at the Dunkin Donuts on Main Street for $2.21 including tax, then drove home and walked the house dog, six to seven month old blond lab/terrier mix male. We had him neutered August 10th.



I'll post the photos I took today on www.ncswede.com at some point. I'll let you know when I do it.

www.ncswede.com/asburypark.html

Cheers!

No comments: