The blog of a North Country Swede!

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Walking the dogs ...

My day revolves around walking three dogs ... Odin, Pepper, and Yoda.

Odin is the house dog where I live. Pepper and Yoda belong to friends. The feminine half of Pepper's ownership duo is on vacation in Los Cabos with the senior feminine member of my household -- go figure. Yoda belongs to a neighbor family where the masculine half of the ownership duo has had a liver transplant. (<--should I have used "female" and "male" instead of feminine and masculine? I like "feminine" MUCH better than "female", and "male" only a little bit better than "masculine" ... so I will leave it the way it is, thank you! ... but still I am troubled by it ... I don't want to use "male" with "feminine" because Claire and Wissa (I don't know where Kelli is more than half the time) would (maybe?) pummel me with unkind words.)

Anyway, back to the dogs, I get up and take Odin for a quick pee run before 7:00 AM. My next dog encounter is to go walk Yoda for his morning pee/poop run around quarter to eight. After which I drive down an pick up Pepper, give him the opportunity to pee if His Highness chooses, and then bring him back to the house until I take him and Odin up to the South Mountain Reservation for a major run.

Whew! I'm tired already ... think I'll take a snooze and then get back to you.

1 comment:

Hilding Lindquist said...

Yeah, you're ahead of me this time ... by about 12+ years ... Odin isn't 1 yet.